Join Dan Gookin for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring constants and placeholders, part of Learning C.
- Occasionally when learning something new…you need to pause and reflect.…That's the topic of this movie, pausing and reflecting.…Specifically with regards to variables and values,…it's time for me to go back and get you caught up…on some things that might've already been seen…in an earlier movie, but you have questions about.…Plus I'll introduce a few new concepts.…Things I feel it's about time you knew, especially…if you are new to learning the C programming language.…In this movie I cover creating and using constants.…
Plus I offer additional detail on how to use some…of the printf function's placeholders.…A constant in the C language is different from…an immediate value and a variable.…It's more like a universal value…that doesn't change throughout the code.…Constants are values used consistently…throughout your source code.…They are things that don't change.…They are created by the preprocessor #define directive.…Normally the constant is written in…all caps, letters and underlines only.…
Now when the compiler encounters a constant…
- Understanding a C program
- Adding comments
- Using escape characters
- Working with values and placeholders
- Introducing variables
- Making a decision with if
- Adding functions
- Manipulating strings
- Building arrays
- Nesting structures
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Programming Basics
3. Program Flow Control
4. Intermediate C Language Concepts
5. Advanced C Language Concepts
Next steps2m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.