- The typical array in the C language…is simply a series of variables.…All of the same type marching off together.…But not every type of data is a single line.…Sometimes you have to deal with a grid.…In that case, you enter into the realm…of the multidimensional array.…This movie uncovers the mystery…of the multidimensional array.…You'll learn how to configure such an array,…and access its values.…You'll also see how multidimensional arrays…apply to strings.…
To visualize a multidimensional array, think of a grid.…You have rows and columns.…The array is declared at line 8.…Two sets of square brackets are used.…One for each dimension in the array.…So grid is an integer array.…It's effectively a two-dimensional array.…Lines 12-14 use a nested loop to fill each array…element with a value 0, initializing the array.…
In line 14, you see that individual array elements…require two square brackets as reference.…Again, think of each as rows and columns.…Then the nested loops starting at line 17 print the array…in rows and columns.…
- Understanding a C program
- Adding comments
- Using escape characters
- Working with values and placeholders
- Introducing variables
- Making a decision with if
- Adding functions
- Manipulating strings
- Building arrays
- Nesting structures
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Programming Basics
3. Program Flow Control
4. Intermediate C Language Concepts
5. Advanced C Language Concepts
Next steps2m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.