- Literals, separators, and local functions
- Is expressions with patterns
- Switch statements with patterns
- Ref returns
- Out variables
- Async return types and expressions
- Throw expressions
Skill Level Beginner
- C# 7 has become one of the most popular languages in the past few years, and if you paid close attention, it seems they've inspired some other languages to have similar features. In C# 6, I talked about some great enhancements that has pushed the creativity in the space of programming languages. Well, it hasn't even been two years, and already we have a new slate of features in C# 7. Hi, I'm Reynald Adolphe, and welcome to C# 7 First Look. In this course, I'll show you these new features which include tuples, pattern matching, ref returns and locals, then we'll be demonstrating BinaryLiterals and digit separators, LocalFunctions, along with new Expression Bodied Members, async statements, and much more.
So if you're just as ready as I am, let's go ahead and do this.