Troy walks through the Boost.Hana library in this lesson.
- [Instructor] Introduced in 2015,…Hana is a relatively recent addition to the Boost library.…It hopes to fill the shoes…of the Boost.MPL and Fusion libraries…by providing a superset of their functions in one library.…While the STL provides homogenous collections,…Hana provides support for heterogeneous collections…in tuples, and it has a large number of functional methods.…Let's check out Hana with a bit of code.…And here I have my include files already,…so I have iostream, string, boost/hana,…and then I'm also setting up my namespaces…and I have three types here, a truck, a car…and a motorcycle.…
These are just three very simple types,…but the thing that's important to realize about them…is that they're not related to each other in any way,…they don't inherit from each other or anything like that,…each of these types has a name property,…and one of them has a bed_length property.…So, what we're going to do is we're going to…put these guys in a collection,…and we'll call that collection vehicles.…And the way that we do that is we say…
- Unit testing and functional programming
- Function and Lambda functions
- C++ templates
- Working with the Standard Template Library and Boost.Hana
- Functional reactive programming
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Functional Programming in Modern C++
3. Template Metaprogramming
4. Functional Reactive Programming
RxCpp library5m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.