- [Narrator] To pull everything together … with dynamic arrays, we need to talk … about the spilled array operator. … It looks like the hashtag or the pound sign, … whichever you want to call it. … What it's going to do for us is help hold everything together. … When we need to reference a dynamic array, … we want to use that spilled array operator. … Here, what we want to do, in the middle of the screen, … where I have category, detail, and inquiries headers, … we want to make a little report. … To do that, we've got to pull data … from the two different tables. … We've got the table on the left … that has day, item, category, and inquiries. … Table on the right that has categories and details. … We're going to have a category count … and an inquiry total. … First, we want a unique list of the categories … in our inquiries table. … I'm going to go here. … Equals, unique, open parentheses, … the array is this categories column. … And we just want to push enter. … Now we have every category that's represented. …
AuthorOz du Soleil
- Working with spills
- Using the UNIQUE function
- Sorting with dynamic arrays
- Comparing SORTBY and SORT
- Unstacking records with SEQUENCE
- Creating intelligent filters
- Randomizing data with RANDARRAY
- Combining dynamic arrays in drop lists and more
Skill Level Advanced
1. What to Know Before Using the New Functions
Warnings to heed6m 19s
Horizontal SORT3m 33s
9. Putting It All Together
10. Challenges and Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.