In this video, learn about the hiring process and the legislation that HR pros must consider.
- Let's say that you find a job that seems to be…perfect for you, and you're perfect for it.…You update and submit your resume.…Then the wait begins, and that wait seems to be forever.…It may be frustrating, but as it turns out,…the selection process is in place for a very good reason.…The selection process begins…after a candidate applies for the job.…Selection of the best candidate…involves extensive vetting to ensure…that the candidate meets the success criteria…identified when a job analysis was completed.…
At each stage of the selection process,…the candidate pool narrows until one person…is selected to fill the role.…The steps in the selection process…are to screen, interview, assess,…evaluate, select, and offer the job.…Your company may follow a slightly different process,…however, what I've shared with you…is HR best practice and what the PHR exam will test you on.…Screening involves ensuring that applicants…meet the minimum requirements to interview for the job.…
Screening allows HR pros to gather information…
- Determine which of the three organizational structures are most often used with different types of project.
- Explain how HR professionals establish trust with employees.
- Define the concept of “managing up.”
- Recognize the key elements of the Uniform Guidelines of Employee Selection Procedures.
- Summarize the four steps of the Kirkpatrick Model.
- Identify the characteristics of an entitlement compensation philosophy.
- Name another term used to describe a benefits needs assessment.
- List two things required for leaders when they provide feedback during a performance review.
Skill Level Advanced
Introduction to the PHR Certification Examwith Joanne Simon-Walters58m 16s Intermediate
1. Exam Topics: Business Management
2. Exam Topics: Talent Planning and Acquisition
3. Exam Topics: Learning and Development
4. Exam Topics: Total Rewards
5. Exam Topics: Employee and Labor Relations
6. Study Plan
Conclusion and Farewell
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.