Watch a sample negotiation conversation in action. See the negotiation techniques and give and take of a sample negotiation.
- Now let's take a look at an example…of a salary negotiation.…You should know, the language used…might not be appropriate to your industry or role.…This is just a scenario to give you an idea…of a simple negotiation.…Let's take a look at how Max handles…the give and take of a negotiation.…- Max, how are you?…- Hi, I'm good, thanks for taking my call.…- Yeah, absolutely, I'm glad to.…So did you have a chance to review the offer?…- I did, yeah, thanks for giving me the time…to wrap my head around it, you know,…there was a lot to pour through so I really appreciate that.…
I'm thrilled about the job, I'm really looking forward…to contributing to the IT project manager position.…I do have a few questions though, is now a good time?…- Wonderful, we're excited to have you onboard…and we can certainly talk through your questions…if there's anything I'm not familiar with,…I can bring it back to the director.…- Okay, great.…Hmm, well, you know, during the interview process,…there was a few things that we covered…that I really felt like I'm able to offer…
- Recall what percentage of total compensations is through a benefits package.
- Explain which approach to begin within during a negotiation process.
- Recognize characteristics of a host-based approach.
- Identify the purpose of an equity review.
- Determine which steps to take when leaving a job for another.