Measuring the right social selling KPIs can prove challenging. Learn how to identify the right KPIs for your business and explore provide specific examples from a variety of companies around the globe.
- While I was working as a consultant … for a large tech company, I saw that they had … over 100 key performance indicators, … or KPIs, that they were reporting on weekly. … They also had about 250 more, … but didn't officially report on those. … You know and I know, … you can't have this many key indicators. … Having too many KPIs almost guarantees failure. … 10 is a reasonable number, but you should aim for less. … For every KPI you create above 10, … you increase the risk of unintended consequences … like competing priorities … and the risk of employees ignoring them … because of KPI overload. … You'll want to answer a few questions … in order to narrow down your list. … What are the outcomes I want … from the social selling efforts? … Can I track the data that supports those outcomes … to measure success? … Am I analyzing the data that will have … a direct impact on the social sales rep's performance? … After you're confident you have all three in place, … then you're ready to set up your KPIs. …
- Benefits of social selling
- Optimizing social selling by creating specific goals
- Building relationships with customers
- Setting up sales benchmarks and sales scorecards
- Measuring the right KPIs
- Reporting on ROI