Think about how your customers know if your solution actually works. What evidence can you show?
- Let's say you're in the market … for a new HD flat screen TV, sounds like fun, right? … What's the first thing most consumers do? … We go to the internet. … We aren't there just looking for the various brands … and their features, … we're actually looking for information … that will help us be more confident … that we're making a wise buying decision. … We want to know that others have bought the same TV … and that their experience was great. … We want proof. … The need for proof that a product or service actually does … what it says it does is rooted deep … in our brain's subconscious mechanisms … that drive self-preservation. … We don't want to make a mistake, we don't want to get fooled. … That will cause pain and we like to avoid pain. … Proof that a product or solution works … helps us minimize that risk. … When it comes to the proof of your solution, … there are five basic proof sources that you can pull from. … The first proof source is that of the expert. … Depending on the sophistication of your product or solution, …
- The philosophy of sales
- Identifying potential customers
- Exploring buying motivators
- Communicating the power of your solution
- Developing an effective sales process