Learn about how stories should serve as a key device for creating audience impact.
- If you love emotions,…you now have to learn to love stories,…the single best advice for creating and sharing emotions.…Let's start by thinking back to our example from earlier.…What's the best way to fill in or flush out…each of those sections?…You could cite many numbers and statistics…or maybe show a video.…It's true, there are many devices that help tell your story.…But an actual story is the very best.…The reason they work…is because audiences love a compelling narrative.…
This has been studied a lot.…We know how the brain reacts to a great story…and its effect on motivation, cooperation,…and ability to remember the material.…In short, good stories make learning stick way better…than any slides you'll ever show an audience.…It's the use of characters, conflict,…and some form of climatic ending that makes them relatable.…The fact that they're relatable means that you're activating…a much larger portion of the brain.…
That means people process, learn,…and retain information better.…So let's break it down a little more…
- Cite how many devices should be used with each point in a keynote presentation.
- Recall the voice-related factors you should consider when giving a presentation.
- Describe the power of stories to move an audience and explain how to choose a story.
- Explain the importance of researching the audience demographics before giving a keynote speech.
- Describe some things you can do to personalize a presentation to better engage the audience.