In focusing on the culture of learning, the form of instruction requires particular consideration. Looking at the three key activities of instruction offers insight to creating content and delivery for learning.
- Because this courses focuses on learning, … let's explore instruction in more depth. … For instruction to happen … you need an instructor and a learner. … While there are many vehicles … through which instruction can occur … like books, videos, apps and classes, … instruction itself happens via three key activities. … There are overlaps between them. … The first is communication. … Whether it's through spoken or written word, … delivered real time in-person or through a static mode, … the instructor tells the learner what to do and when. … The second is demonstration. … The instructor shows the learner … what the behavior or skill should look like. … The brain is actually wired to learn visually, … so seeing a behavior done correctly is far more impactful … neurologically than reading or hearing … the same thing described. … This is because an image can convey … thousands of more pieces of information, … which the brain was built to use. … The third is experimentation. … Which is when the learner starts to do …
- Demonstrate how to establish a growth mindset.
- Explain two methods to integrate learning into your organization.
- Demonstrate how to empower through knowledge sharing.
- Provide a way to overcome the three obstacles.
- Demonstrate a method for addressing opportunities.
- Explain three best practices to measuring success.