What pre-existing mentalities do people bring to learning? This video explores fixed and growth mindsets and how they impact learning.
- One cornerstone of a positive culture of learning … is empowering a growth mindset. … The term was coined by Stanford psychologist … Dr. Carol Dweck who studied what differentiated … people who succeed from those who fail. … It came down to whether they hold … a fixed or growth mindset, … which is a belief about themselves and their abilities. … According to Dweck, people with a fixed mindset … believe that their traits or characteristics, … such as their intelligence or people skills, … are set once they reach adulthood. … A person with a fixed mindset thinks, … "I've got what I've got and I just have … "to make the most of it, but I can't change it." … In contrast, a person with a growth mindset … believes that they can always get better, … that they can always learn something new … or practice something more. … They also believe that practice and effort … are the pathways to improvement and even mastery. … A person with a growth mindset thinks, … "I may not be able to do this yet, …
- Demonstrate how to establish a growth mindset.
- Explain two methods to integrate learning into your organization.
- Demonstrate how to empower through knowledge sharing.
- Provide a way to overcome the three obstacles.
- Demonstrate a method for addressing opportunities.
- Explain three best practices to measuring success.