In this video, explore the power of gratitude and discover how it plays a role in influence.
- One of the things I've learned from the extraordinary influencers in my research is that they make gratitude a habit. They not only pay forward positive influence they've received, but they express gratitude genuinely and often. A great way to do it is by using what I'll call the power thank you. It has three parts. First, thank the person for something specific that he or she did for you. Second, acknowledge the thought and effort the person took to help you. And third, tell the person how his or her action made a difference in your life and what actions you'll take going forward because of it. I want you to have this experience right away and see what an impactful habit it is to develop. Do it for one of your role model influencers by tomorrow. It only takes a couple minutes and the research on gratitude shows that it only takes two minutes of being in an appreciative state to change your brain chemistry enough to have a measurable positive effect for the entire day. Thank you so much for visiting with me in this course, which is such a core passion of mine. I know your time is valuable and you have lots to do, so I appreciate the time you've invested in this topic. It helps me with my mission to multiply positive influence in the world. As you go forward, please count me in on your side, as you honor your best role models, reach for great results, build strong relationships, and enhance your reputation as a person of powerful positive influence. Thank you.
- Name a feeling that might inhibit you from inspiration-based influence.
- Explain how to most appropriately balance short-term and long-term results.
- Assess why “pains and gains” is a powerful motivator.
- List the steps of the advice influence technique.
- Identify the first thing you do when using social proof.