Members of an innovative team know how to focus and hone their individual strengths and they're clear on how their talents, abilities, and perspective are valuable to the team. Helping people to develop their individual strengths helps to build the collective strength of the team.
- When Anna Watkins and Dame Katherine Grainger…won a gold medal at the 2012 Olympics…in the Womens Double Sculls Rowing category,…they put their success down to one key factor,…understanding and playing to their individual strengths…to create an unstoppable team.…Anna excelled in focusing on tactics, planning and detail,…and Katherine harnessed her passion, belief, and intensity.…Although at times they may have come at training…from different perspectives,…ultimately the combination of their unique strengths…and how they complemented the other person's strengths…led to a record-breaking victory.…
When utilizing strengths in a team environment,…it's essential to turn your focus inward…and understand your unique talents,…and get clear on how to utilize and build on these.…When it comes to creating innovative…and high performing teams,…there are many individual skills and abilities…that can help to create team success.…There isn't a one size fits all formula.…Teams can benefit from creative thinkers,…enthusiastic networkers, detailed planners,…
- Recognize how team innovation impacts a company’s success.
- Define the psychological components of team innovation, including the challengers, executors, and enablers.
- Determine the component strengths of team innovation.
- Examine the best ways to accept bias.
- Explore the effect of experimentation on innovation.
- Recognize the impact of reflection on innovation.
- Identify the fundamentals of creating a space for an innovation team to thrive.
- Determine the best ways to create an innovation charter.
- Break down the importance learning on the move, which helps helps a successful team innovate to grow.