Learn the research behind why purpose is so powerful at work on both the individual and company level. See examples of how people work with purpose every day in all types of jobs and industries.
- Do you hate your job? - If so, you are not alone. - If you're waking up some days wondering, what am I doing here? Does my life matter? You're not alone. One of the most popular New York Times articles was why you hate work, and it confirmed a lot of what you might be experiencing. People just don't like their jobs, and there's a huge cost to this, both personally and from an organizational standpoint. - You see, humans have two fundamental needs.
Once we get beyond food and shelter, we want connection and we want meaning. Now we can chase after money and status and titles, but in our hearts, what we're really yearning for, is purpose, and so the first step in solving this crisis is to understand the cost of disengagement, which is quite substantial, - [Woman] Right. - [Woman] and the root cause behind it, which is actually lack of purpose. - [Woman] A survey by Gallup found that 68% of people in the U.S. are not engaged at work, and those numbers are even worse globally.
- [Woman] We are not okay with this no, - [Woman] Level of disengagement - and we don't want you to be okay with it. You know, showing up for a job with no meaning and purpose, it is a recipe for an exhausting, depressing life. It has a chilling affect on companies too. - Right, there was a 10 year growth study by Jim Stengle, and he studied 50,000 brands around the world, and he proved that companies with ideals of improving people's lives and improving the customers condition outperform their competitors by huge margins.
- You know, the absence of purpose and meaning at work, it costs us, it costs organizations, and it costs us personally because the way you show up for your work affects the way you show up for your entire life. - [Woman] The second step is for you to decide that you are going to create purpose and meaning at work. You have to decide that you're not going to be one of the disengaged masses. - And that starts with your words, and your thoughts, the story you tell yourself about your work, that becomes your reality.
- Right, your internal talk track is the soundtrack of your life, and unfortunately, a lot of people are in an endless default loop of, I have to do this and it's only about the paycheck at the end of the day. - You know, and that thinking just sets you up for unhappiness and poor performance. - And we're on a mission to help people change that. - [Woman] You have the power to transform any moment of your life, and you can do it with your own thoughts and your own words. - You don't have to wait for your boss or your company, you have to decide that you're going to create a meaningful work experience for yourself.
- Because you deserve work that matters, we all do.
- Identify the fundamentals of connecting money with meaning at work.
- Examine the art of framing as it pertains to your job.
- Explore ways of utilizing stories to animate a meeting.
- Discover the best steps to use when dealing with naysayers.
- Break down the fundamentals of connecting your life with your work by bringing purpose with you.