In this video, Dan helps the viewer better understand how climate change and intense weather events can plague business.
- People talk about the weather all the time.…It's been a common conversation on front porches,…water coolers and dinner tables forever.…Over the past couple of decades, the impact of the weather…on businesses has been more tangible and costly.…The trend is clear, that not only will it continue…but likely get worse.…That moves the talk of the weather from the front porch…to the boardroom.…
There are two major impacts to a business from the weather.…The first is physical and the second is economic.…Physical damages from the weather are commonly known.…These are perils like hurricanes, flooding, hail and snow.…All of these can cause damage and destruction…to buildings and property.…While some are protected by insurance, others are not.…The best thing you can do…is identify which perils are most likely to occur…in your area and discuss with your insurance agent.…
This becomes even more important…if the company has many locations…that offer different climate issues.…When those locations become international,…the ability to procure insurance is made more complex.…
- Recall the detrimental effects a BOT attack can have on a company’s customer database.
- Recognize which individuals companies frequently fail to include in mid-crisis actions.
- Determine how Google Alerts can help a company protect itself against threats.
- Identify a threat that is least likely to cause a company financial harm.
- Define “culture shock” in the context of business operations.
- Name a type of leader that often uses their position for personal prestige rather than performing their roles.
- Predict what will happen with business insurance as technology evolves.