Learn how to look and sound confident, collected, and smart on your next conference call or video presentation.
- We all have so many things to do and places to go. It's hard to always find the time to schedule face-to-face meetings. The beauty of today's technology is we don't have to be in front of others to conduct effective meetings anymore. We can do them through video, like on our computers, or on our phones. Though it can be as easy as turning it on and pressing start, there are strategic things you can do to make that video call and video presentation powerful to those listening and watching. Hi, my name is Jessica Chen and I'm the founder and CEO of Soulcast Media. I teach successful people like you how to talk to the camera so you look and sound natural. As a former television news reporter, I used to do this everyday in front of thousands of people. In my LinkedIn Learning course, I'll be teaching you tips and tricks on how you can prepare for your video meeting, so you can look and sound like the confident professional you are.
- Recall the characteristics of an effective PowerPoint used during a video conference call.
- Explain why you might look at the screen, rather than the camera lens, during a video conference call.
- Recognize the best strategy for positioning a laptop and its camera for the most flattering and engaging look.
- Tell why a salesperson might use a pull-down backdrop screen during video conferencing.
- Summarize the leadership skill used to make sure all attendees are on the same page after a video conference.