Learn how to effectively integrate new hires into your team and set them up for success in working with you, their colleagues, and the company.
- In today's professional world, how an employee starts their journey with your organization will shape their future. When onboarding is done well, employees feel more dedicated to the team and are willing to work harder on behalf of the organization. Onboarding is the series of activities designed to help the new employee gain the knowledge, skills, behaviors, and connections needed to become an effective member of the organization. It's about helping them be successful and building long-term talent retention. To make sure your new colleague really hits the ground running, there's a good bit of homework to do. Hi, I'm Todd Dewett, author, coach, and educator. In this course, we're going to talk about the information your new colleague needs before the first day, how to make sure the first few days are successful, and how to follow up over the first year to ensure their success and to give you the data you need to continuously improve the process. Let's get started.
- Preparing to onboard
- Onboarding in context
- Activities before the first day
- Addressing internal tasks
- Exploring your role as manager
- Assigning a buddy and a mentor
- Setting new employees up for success
- Examining the new employee's role