This video provides you with additional references and resources you can utilize to expand your knowledge and abilities in managing risk on your projects.
- I hope you found some useful tips from this course.…Performing risk management properly…can easily become a make or break proposition…for your project so it's important you learn…as much as you can about this critical topic.…To get even more information on managing risk…I encourage you to check out some very insightful books.…Risk Management: Concepts and Guidance, Fifth Edition…by Carl Pritchard is a great book…that addresses risk concepts that can be applied…to any project.…
Waltzing with Bears: Managing Risk on Software Projects…by Tom DeMarco and Timothy Lister along with…Managing Risk: Methods for Software Systems Development…by Elaine M. Hall are good references…for handling IT based projects.…The Project Management Institute…at pmi.org has also published a…Practice Standard for Project Risk Management.…The government of the Australian state of Tasmania…also has great risk management tools available online.…
With these and other resources that I have listed…in the reference document in the exercise file…
Note: This course follows the latest guidance from Project Management Institute, Inc., as outlined the PMBOK® 6 Guide.
- Explore why dealing with risks needs to be part of the everyday process used to manage a project.
- Learn to outline the most common, pragmatic approaches to identifying risks specific to a project.
- Recall methods for qualifying and quantifying your risks to determine specific risks and manage their costs.
- Examine the primary considerations for a project risk plan and what components should be included in every plan.
- Assess techniques that help you identify the overall risk a project presents to your business.
- Examine several risk analysis and filtering examples that help ensure you've addressed individual risks properly on your project.