Discover how to work with, manage, and lead a technical team with confidence. Learn how to quickly get up to speed with your team's work, communicate effectively with technical people, and more.
- Not everyone is technically inclined. But it's very possible that during your career, you'll wind up working with, or even managing, teams of technical people. How are you going to meet that challenge? Hi, my name is Phil Gold. I'm a long-time communications and training professional. But a large percentage of the roles that I've had over the years have been directly tied to tech. I was even the global technology training manager for a Fortune 500 company, although I don't really consider myself a technical person.
In this course, I'm going to walk you through some of the things you'll want to consider to help you work effectively with a technical team, even if you're a liberal arts generalist like me. We'll talk about how to find out what you need to know, how to communicate effectively with technical teams, and how to understand your role with the team, whether you're a team member, manager, or a senior leader. Most importantly, I'll try to lessen any apprehension you may be feeling by explaining things in clear, non-technical terms.
You ready to have your confidence boosted? Then please, join me as we delve into the ins and outs of managing and working with technical teams for non-technical people.
- Identifying your role on a technical team
- Communicating with technical people
- Getting past uncertainty to succeed in your role
- Understanding the manager's role on a technical team
- Enforcing business processes
- Developing your team members
- Leading a technical team
- Supporting flexible working habits