In this video, learn how to write effective stories.
- User stories are a great way … to have conversations between developers … and the product owner. … It's usually when you start having these conversations … that you realize that your user stories … are not very good, but that's okay. … The real challenge will be figuring out … just why your user stories are so bad. … Thankfully, there's a good way to figure out … the challenges with your user stories. … You can use the acronym INVEST. … This is a list of common challenges … that was created by Bill Wake … to think about when you're creating your user stories. … The I stands for independent. … It's important to remember that independent … doesn't mean your stories are functionally independent. … It means that they are independently valued. … Let's say that you had a mobile application … that identified a bird when you took its picture. … The product owner could create two stories. … One story to return the list of identified birds, … and another to sort the list for likely to unlikely matches. …
- Explain how a sprint differs from a traditional project.
- Name three user roles.
- Define the acronym INVEST and explain its purpose.
- List three main sections of a project charter.
- Identify the benefits of planning poker.
- Recall the challenges associated with the sprint backlog.