It is important to start implementing the techniques covered in communicating with confidence. In this video, learn about the key takeaways from this course.
- Any time you speak is an opportunity … to practice one or more of the communications techniques … you learned in this video series. … Whether it's in a meeting at work … or a conversation over coffee, … be mindful of how you're communicating. … First, be sure you're breathing. … Focus on one thought at one time. … Use inflection and emphasize words … to strengthen your message. … Have meaningful eye contact. … Make peace with pausing. … Talk with your hands. … Use short simply worded sentences. … And, above all, say it like you mean it … and look like you mean it. … By the way, there's no need to do all of this at once, … that'll come over time. … As you implement the techniques, … consider honing your eye contact for the next week or so. … Then, the week after, focus on pausing. … The week after that, work on eye contact and pausing. … Then, layer in the hands and so on. … Remember, every day life offers the best opportunities … to practice communicating with confidence anywhere, anytime. …
- Organizing your thoughts
- Speaking slowly, naturally, and confidently
- Breathing properly
- Using your body to reinforce speech
- Managing facial expressions
- Handling nervousness
- Voice modulation, eye contact, and gestures
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Be a Better Communicator
2. Honing Your Message
3. Say It Like You Mean It
4. Look Like You Mean It
5. Confronting Anxiety
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.