In this video, Dan helps the viewer better understand the risk to employee safety in a more mobile and virtual world.
- Workers' compensation began as a way to assure…that workers in the very physically demanding world…of the Industrial Age would be protected…if they were injured or died on the job.…In fact, the insurance was aimed more at the family.…It assured that income would continue to come in…if the main breadwinner was no longer able to work.…While the concept is still the same nearly 200 years later,…the way we work is more complex…and the way employees can be injured is more complicated.…
As we move deeper into the 21st century,…workers' compensation becomes a highly important component…of managing risk for any business that employs humans.…We all know the standard perils…of becoming physically injured on the job.…Slips and falls, broken bones, injured backs,…and even auto accidents.…Let's take a closer look at perils that might be overlooked…because they aren't as apparent.…
Injuries related to ergonomics.…Ergonomics is defined as the study…of people's efficiency in their work environment.…As relates to injuries, it's best known…
- Recall the detrimental effects a BOT attack can have on a company’s customer database.
- Recognize which individuals companies frequently fail to include in mid-crisis actions.
- Determine how Google Alerts can help a company protect itself against threats.
- Identify a threat that is least likely to cause a company financial harm.
- Define “culture shock” in the context of business operations.
- Name a type of leader that often uses their position for personal prestige rather than performing their roles.
- Predict what will happen with business insurance as technology evolves.