Learn how to build an effective corporate training program from the ground up. Discover how to conduct a needs analysis, identify the right solution, and evaluate the effectiveness of your program.
- It's hard to find good advice on how to develop corporate training. A lot of the people we work with just sort of fell into the training field and so are still figuring it out. And many of the learning experts espouse idealistic theories that just don't jive with the realities of our work situation. I aim to rectify that. I'm Daniel Brigham, and in this course I want to share tips on designing and developing corporate training, tips that I learned in the trenches over a 20-year career. I'll give pointers on all aspects of the training workflow, from determining the need for training to figuring out what format would be best, to measuring the impact of whatever it is you develop. As we hit on the different parts of the workflow, I'll show you how to hone a skill that's rarely talked about but one that's most critical to your success: your ability to earn the trust and respect of those you're building training for. Persuasion is a big part of this game. I hope you come along with me as I share the lessons that cost me some serious blood, sweat, and tears. If you do, I can almost guarantee you'll quickly produce better work that will advance your career.
- Identifying training type needed
- Defining goals and performance metrics
- Creating a project plan
- Identifying existing assets
- Developing a learning solution
- Testing your solution
- Evaluating your results