Learn about how to enable and inspire groups to collaborate effectively and produce better creative ideas.
- As the world gets more complex, we need more collaboration to solve the trickier problems. In fact, a 2007 study showed that, over the previous 45 years, the number of academic papers written by teams have more than doubled, and that these collaboratively written papers were more than twice as likely to be cited in other studies. So thinking in teams can be really valuable. Sadly, however, when it comes to collaborative thinking in the workplace, most companies still use brainstorms, and most studies show that they are ineffective. So we'll be looking at more effective ways of getting great ideas out of teams. Hi, I'm Dave Birss. I'm a former advertising creative director and author of a number of books on creativity and innovation. And I'll be showing you how you can manage groups for their creative output and how to get better ideas out of teams. And the best idea right now would be to stay exactly where you are and watch the next few videos with me. You ready? Let's go.
- Why collaborative creativity is the future
- Creating an environment where great ideas can flourish
- How to get other decision makers onboard
- Curating the best team to solve a problem
- The ingredients of great ideas
- Useful versus irrelevant research and why it matters
- The importance of insight in idea generation
- Writing a powerful creative brief
- Getting the best ideas from diverse groups
- How to judge ideas more effectively