Join Scott Shute for an in-depth discussion in this video Where and when should I meditate, part of Mindful Meditations for Work and Life.
- [Narrator] A question I often get, … is where and when should I meditate. … To create a great habit, … I suggest trying to meditate in the same place … at the same time every day. … It may not work out perfectly all the time, … because life gets in the way, … but start with that intention, … and find what works best for you. … Maybe it's the beginning of the day, … or right before you go to sleep at night. … Maybe you prefer your lunch time break. … As for where, find a quiet place … where you can minimize your distractions. … It could be in your car, … it could be in your bedroom. … Having a routine sends signals to your mind and body … that this is meditation time, … and helps make it easier to maintain the habit. … So try for the same place, same time, … and in the location where you can focus. … …
- Adapting your posture and body language
- Breathing exercises
- Arrival practice
- Body scanning
- Loving kindness
- Sound-based exercise
- Keeping your meditation practice going
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Laying the Groundwork for Success with Meditation
2. Three Breaths
Three breaths practice1m 55s
Arrival practice4m 38s
4. Counting Breaths
5. Deep Breathing
7. Body Scan
Body scan practice14m 26s
9. Sound-Based Exercise: Singing Hu
10. Making It Stick
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.