Learn how to recognize the best time to invest in upgraded technology and save time as well as money.
- Most of us love having the latest, coolest, … shiniest new device. … However, buying a new phone or laptop … every year usually has little value … in terms of improving your productivity. … So when is the best time to make that upgrade? … First, be aware that tech and tool updates … almost always cost you time in the beginning. … This is because it takes extra time … to install or transfer everything … over to the new phone or laptop, … plus the time it takes to get familiar with a new device. … To get a rough idea of the real cost, … multiply that time lost by your value per hour. … So if you make $25 per hour … and it will take you two hours to make a switch … to that new phone of yours, … the phone will essentially cost you … $50 more than what you paid for it. … Next, use the one month, one year rule. … This means we want to make up that lost time … within one month, and that those gains … will continue for at least one year. … So, using my previous example, … let's say the phone cost $500 …
- Explain how social media can be used to improve focus and productivity.
- Define pinning.
- Examine techniques that will prevent reminders from being ignored.
- List three ways to back up data.
- Determine when it is useful to upgrade technology.