There are no prerequisites for the course. This course explores what a supply chain is and looks at a whole range of jobs that are critical to the supply chain. You may be familiar with many of them and you may never have thought of others. Some of them probably won't sound very interesting, but it's still worth understanding what they are so that you can consider all of your options. What we're trying to find are the jobs that you are good at, someone will pay you to do, and you enjoy doing. Ultimately, the goal is to help you navigate the Economic Graph successfully. There's some overlap between the different job categories, which just goes to show how interconnected the supply chain is.
- Don't worry, there aren't any prerequisites for this course. So if you're a student trying to learn about supply chain careers, this is a perfect place to start. If you're already working in the supply chain industry and just trying to plan for advancement, the course should help you build a career road map. And if you're making a transition from another field or if you're getting out of the military, then this course will give you a good overview of the opportunities that a supply chain career can offer. We'll talk a little bit about what a supply chain is and I'll share some tools that can help you set career goals, but mostly we'll look at a whole range of jobs that are critical to making a supply chain work. You're probably familiar with lots of them, but you may never have thought of others. Some of these jobs probably won't be a good fit for you, but it's still worth understanding what they are so that you can consider all of your options. Ultimately our goal is to help you navigate what LinkedIn calls the economic graph at a time when business and jobs are evolving quickly. When we're done with the course, you should be ready to set some smart career goals. And then you can put together a usable plan to start moving forward with your career as a supply chain professional.
- Explain the best approach for transitioning into a supply chain position.
- Determine the types of supply chain jobs that are the best fit for a given set of skills.
- Interpret the knowledge and skills needed for a supply chain job.
- Describe how to use resources for building a career roadmap in supply chain management.
- Identify concepts in building a professional development dashboard.