Dive into the role of the scrum master and learn what it consists of.
- Few roles are as misunderstood as the Agile Scrum Master. … Many organizations look to them as their senior managers … responsible to the Agile team. … It's important to remember that the role is responsible … for managing the agile framework and not the team. … They administer the project, create reports, … eliminate obstacles, and remove distractions. … But names matter. … In any role with master in the title … is almost certain to inherit some management responsibility. … That means that Scrum Masters are often placed … in an awkward position of trying to reduce … their own scope of authority. … I once worked for a project where the senior managers … simply changed their title to Scrum Masters … when they started Agile. … They assumed that anything with master in the title … would be appropriate for a senior manager. … These managers continued as they had their entire career. … They drove the project, communicated with stakeholders, … and ran the meetings. … These overzealous Scrum Masters ended up …
- Starting agile in your organization
- Defining team roles and responsibilities
- Letting the team self-organize
- Training the team
- Thinking and delivering like an agile team
- Avoiding pitfalls