Discover the type of leader you want to become. Explore the most popular and respected leadership styles and models available today.
- The professional world needs better leaders. Organizations spend billions of dollars on training to fill what some experts call the leadership gap. So the decision makers above you are always on the lookout for the next generation of leaders. That's why one of the best investments of time and energy you can make is in your own leadership development. In my LinkedIn Learning course, you'll learn the key elements of the most respected leadership models and approaches available today. We'll review the foundations of each school of thought, consider their pros and cons, and reflect on which styles and models will help you grow personally as a leader. I'm Alex Lyon, a professor at the College at Brockport, State University of New York. I've been training, consulting, and writing for over 15 years on communication and leadership. So I invite you to get started on your own development as you join me in this course.
- Summarize the advantages of an autocratic leadership style.
- Recognize the disadvantages of a democratic leadership style.
- Identify the characteristics of a servant leader.
- Determine when the inclusive leadership style should be implemented.
- List the five characteristics of authentic leaders.