So what happens if you don't like the job or it isn't right for you? Learn how to tackle this situation.
- Now I've been talking about how exciting it is…to start a new job, and of course,…getting that new role is a great experience,…but it doesn't go to plan for everyone.…I've worked in recruitment long enough to know…that sometimes you're gonna be in situations…that you don't wanna be in.…What if you've started and you just don't like it?…You can prepare all you like for the job,…but you won't truly know if you're gonna like it…until you actually get in there and you're doing it.…It's impossible to understand the role fully…just from the interview process, it's impossible.…
There are so many factors at play…that can affect the role, maybe the culture,…the type of work, the hours.…First of all you need to identify what it is about this…that you just don't like.…We need to know whether these things…that you're not enjoying are things that you can influence,…because starting a new job is really stressful.…So before you start thinking about, oh I don't like it,…think about this, it's almost like sometimes…we're programmed to be anxious about the whole process.…
This course was created by Careercake, the careers content platform. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Explain how to establish touch points with new colleagues.
- Recognize common mistakes you could make in your first 90 days.
- Name the steps you should take during the first 30 days of a new management job.
- Recall what you should implement during the second month of a management job.
- List the steps to take if you find that your new job is not turning out like you hoped it would.