Defining a global organization can vary, so being clear about what global means is important. This video articulates the four dimensions of a global company.
- Ask 10 different executives what is a global company … and chances are that you'll get 10 different answers. … Some might say that a global company is one … that pursues customers in all major economies, … in particular, the Americas, Europe, and Asia. … Others might say that you are not really global … unless you produce locally what you sell locally. … Yet others might suggest … that real globalization is when your corporate headquarters … is globally disperse and your top team consists … of different nationalities. … There are two problems with these perspectives … regarding the nature of a global company. … First, each overlooks the fact that globalization … is a multidimensional concept … that can never be understood fully … from just one perspective. … Second, that globalization can range from low to high … and is not a binary variable with only two values, … global or nonglobal. … I would argue that globalization should be viewed … as a four-dimensional concept. … That is, a company can be more or less global …
- Why go global?
- Prioritizing across the world's markets
- Designing entry strategies
- Frugal innovation
- Leveraging global resources
- Cultivating a global mindset