Learn how to create a plan to handle work responsibilities effectively in the midst of a significant life happenings. This helps you heal and not get too far behind in the process.
- Life will often throw unexpected events at you. … Sometimes these are positive, … like a marriage, a major vacation, or a new baby. … Sometimes these events are painful, … such as the loss of a loved, … or a significant health concern. … When either type of event occurs, … the most important thing to do is stop. … Give yourself a moment to process what has happened. … Give you mind and body permission to reassess your schedule. … It's not reasonable to expect … the same level of performance at the moment. … So slow down and change your expectations for yourself. … This means pulling out your calendar, … looking at everything you're trying to do in the short term, … and stretching everything out. … Find ways to delay commitments as much as is reasonable. … Change the deadlines to occur later whenever you can. … Often this requires you to communicate to others … the challenge you're experiencing. … I've found that if we're open and honest … about our challenges, very often, … others are eager to help out. …
- List one recommended tip to help schedule appointments more efficiently.
- Explain the benefits of delegating repetitive tasks.
- Identify how to estimate the length of a task.
- Recall a useful way to help focus your weekly planning.