Learn how to deal with being overwhelmed when depressed.
- When you're depressed, even the simplest tasks…seem difficult and time-consuming.…Life can feel like one big chore,…and work that was previously easily managed…may suddenly seem like too much to do.…Being overwhelmed is not about what life throws at you,…but how you deal with it.…Let's talk about how you can manage the feeling…of being overwhelmed that is so common with depression.…The first thing to remember, if at all possible,…is to keep your work and your social life separate.…
If you need to work long hours, stay at work.…But don't routinely bring work home.…Home should be a safe and protective haven.…Next, if you're given complex tasks…at work, break them up into phases.…Your brain will feel less overwhelmed…if you tackle smaller chunks of information.…At the beginning of each day, write out a plan…or schedule of what you want to accomplish.…This will help you stay on track, one task at a time.…One thing you might not realize is that forcing yourself…to focus without a break can do more harm than good.…
- Recognize the symptoms of depression.
- Explain the process of reframing.
- Identify the most effective type of distraction.
- Recall how to avoid biased thinking when you’re depressed.
- Name the strategy used to empathize with others when you are depressed.
- Explain how long it takes for people to recover from depression.