Your personal brand is not the same as your consulting brand. Discover how a consulting brand differs from a personal brand or a major corporate brand. Plus, hear how a good brand allows a potential buyer to immediately recognize your value without you having to explain it.
- Your personal brand is not the same…as your consulting brand.…A consulting brand represents just a part of you,…because it's focused around the client's need.…Your personal brand is how people think about you.…It might also be called your reputation.…But a consulting brand has value independent of you.…In fact, one day you might wanna sell your consulting brand…or start other consulting brands.…You can have many consulting brands,…but you only get one personal brand,…and you can't sell your personal brand…nor would you want to.…
A consulting brand also differs…from a product brand like Nike or Mercedes.…For your consulting firm, the product is your expertise…and understanding of how to manage processes.…It's about how your clients feel when they work with you…and what makes them confident that you can help them.…Your logo and tagline matter less than…your value proposition and messaging.…Your consulting brand is what your firm stands for,…and the promise behind everything your firm does.…
It could be just you and it could…
- Name an example of earned awareness.
- Determine how much time should be allocated toward building and adjusting brand channels.
- Identify the necessary traits of a thought leader.
- Recognize tasks that can be delegated to an assistant.
- Explain the differences between marketing and selling.