Learn power tips to help make your Keynote presentations stand out. Discover how to work more efficiently with text and images, make your presentations more visually compelling using animation, and present your finished product.
- [Instructor] Hi, I'm Garrick Chow and welcome to this course on Apple Keynote. In these videos I'll be offering some tips and tricks to help you not only work more efficiently with Apple's presentation software, but to also help you create more visually interesting and impactful presentations. We'll start by exploring Keynote's outline view to help you quickly plan and sketch out your presentations, as well as the light table view for managing and arranging your slides. We'll see how to change some of Keynote's default settings for both themes and for text with your own settings so you don't have to waste time reformatting them each time you create new content.
I'll show you how to add automatic calculations to tables, which can really come in handy if the data in your presentations frequently changes. And we'll work a lot with images, including how to edit image masks, how to mask images with shapes, and how to remove unwanted backgrounds. From there I'll offer a couple of animation tips for creating cool looking motion effects to move objects across a slide or from one slide to another, and we'll wrap things up with some tips for when it comes time to present your Keynote to your audience. Even if you've been using Keynote for a while, you might pick up several tricks for improving your workflow and the impact of your presentations.
Let's get started.
- Adding calculations to tables
- Saving custom styles
- Matching colors with the Color Picker
- Animating objects on a single slide
- Using Magic Move between slides
- Skipping slides for shorter presentations
- Controlling the presentation with an iPhone or iPad
- Recording your slideshow