Learn how to understand and identify your own biases so that you can begin to make more thoughtful hiring, promotion, and interpersonal decisions in your everyday life.
- Unconscious bias is a big topic. Do an online search and you'll get thousands of articles, commentaries, opinions and reports. It's being discussed at colleges and universities and companies big and small. Unconscious bias is something that we all need to be aware of because it affects us all. My name is Stacey Gordon. I'm a Human Capital and Diversity Consultant with recruiting expertise. I spent years working in Fortune 500 companies and non-profit organizations, specializing in diversity and inclusion.
And today I hope to bring awareness to the topic of unconscious bias. And get you thinking about how it might affect you and how we might be affecting others. In this course we're going to talk about unconscious bias and the impact it has on business. We'll identify and discuss specific types of bias and begin thinking about them in new terms. And when we're done we'll answer the question, what's next? I love that you're here and open to learning about unconscious bias.
It might be challenging, but hang in there with me and we'll work through it together.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recognize when unconscious bias occurs and why it's important to understand.
- Explore how unconscious bias is relevant in the business worlds.
- Identify three strategies to counteract potential unconscious bias.
- Define confirmation bias.
- Review the meaning of the Halo Effect.
- Explore the effects groupthink can have in a professional setting.