Learn how to make your presentations more compelling by animating text and graphics in PowerPoint.
- Learning how to animate in PowerPoint is not about learning how to fade bullet points in and out. There is so much more that PowerPoint can do to animate objects to tell a story. Hi, I'm Heather Ackmann, a PowerPoint MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer, former high school English teacher, and instructional designer. For more than a decade now, I've been using PowerPoint to teach, to illustrate, and to tell stories, and with every new release of the program, I am thrilled to discover new ways to use and incorporate the latest and greatest features.
In this course, I'm going to walk you through some ways of using PowerPoint animations and transitions in the hopes to stretch your imagination, to show you what is possible in the program by following some rather basic and transferable animation skills and techniques. Be it applying motion paths, animating text by words, using a clever work around for the grow shrink animation, or timing animations to music. (inspiring music) So, we have a lot of great exercises to work through.
So, let's get started.
Heather begins with a primer on PowerPoint animation, helping you understand when—and when not—to incorporate animations into a presentation. She then goes into the building blocks of animating in PowerPoint: layering objects, working with background images, animating text, playing with lighting effects, and zooming with style. She shows how to animate with transitions, and walks viewers through the creation of three sample projects: a spinning globe animation, an animated timeline, and a flip-book. Heather wraps up by showing you how to put the finishing touches on a presentation by animating to music, automating playback, and exporting your PowerPoint file as a video.
- Determining when to use animation
- Creating and formatting shapes
- Applying motion paths
- Adjusting the z-order
- Adding and formatting x-ray shapes
- Animating by word
- Animating and arranging layers
- Animating with transitions
- Timing animations to music
- Exporting as a video
Skill Level Intermediate
PowerPoint 2016: Audio and Video In Depthwith Garrick Chow2h 12m Intermediate
1. Understand PowerPoint Animation
2. Layer Objects for Animation
3. X-Ray Vision with Background Images
4. Kinetic Typography
5. Make Text Shine
6. Expert Zooming
Zoom with style7m 20s
7. Animate with Transitions
8. Create a Timeline
9. Use Flip-Book Animations
10. Put It All Together
Next steps2m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.