Learn how to set up an Apple TV to stream movies, TV shows, and music from iTunes, play games, and watch Netflix and Hulu.
- View Offline
- Hi. I'm Nick Brazzi, and this is Up and Running with Apple TV. The Apple TV is a little box that you can connect to your television or your home theater system to allow you to access movies, TV shows, apps, and games from a variety of sources on the big screen. In this course, we'll see what it takes to get the Apple TV set up, from simple configurations to some of those hidden features that you might not know about. We'll start with the initial set-up. We'll get to know the device and the remote control, and we'll go through the initial configuration.
We'll also talk about the Apple ID and iCloud accounts and why you may need them to use the Apple TV. I'll also show you where to go to set up those accounts. Of course, we'll look at how to get movies and TV shows and all the controls that you have while watching video. We'll install some apps, including streaming video apps like Netflix and Hulu, but we'll also talk about installing games. Then, we'll talk about configuration options like customizing the home screen, understanding how Apple TV manages storage space for apps, and setting parental restrictions so you can control the content that your children are able to access.
So if you're just getting set up with the Apple TV I hope you'll check out this course. Let's get started with Up and Running with Apple TV.
- Setting up an Apple ID or iCloud account on an Apple TV
- Setting up Home Sharing
- Using the remote and searching with Siri
- Buying and downloading apps, movies, and music
- Managing storage space on an Apple TV
- Setting up parental controls