- [Instructor] Dynamic arrays in this new calculation … engine are exciting, but there are a few things … that I want to warn you about. … There is no workbook for this video, so just follow along … and take note of some of these traps. … We've got customers, we service their aquariums, … here they are, information about them and their aquariums. … Let's filter this for aquariums that are over 80 gallons. … Here we go. … Equals, filter, open parenthesis, our array is this table, … comma, include gallons we want ones that … are over 80 gallons, close parenthesis. … If there are none, then put none. … Here is our dynamic array, and that blue line tells us so. … Changes to our formula have to happen at the original … formula, notice this is grayed out, we can not make … a change to the grayed out formula. … Let's look what happens if I try to change this from 80. … Well I can't do anything, the formula disappeared. … I'm going to hit escape. … If I want to change this to 100, … I had to change it in the original formula. …
AuthorOz du Soleil
- Working with spills
- Using the UNIQUE function
- Sorting with dynamic arrays
- Comparing SORTBY and SORT
- Unstacking records with SEQUENCE
- Creating intelligent filters
- Randomizing data with RANDARRAY
- Combining dynamic arrays in drop lists and more
Skill Level Advanced
1. What to Know Before Using the New Functions
Warnings to heed6m 19s
Horizontal SORT3m 33s
9. Putting It All Together
10. Challenges and Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.