Wardrobe choices can really help with making the professional you stand out in a group. Making smart color choices and avoiding distracting fabric patterns is one more element to help you shine on camera.
- The beauty of video meetings … is that you can be anywhere in the world, … you can be in a remote office, … or you can be in the comfort of your own home. … For those who have worked from home, … have you ever taken a phone call in your PJs? … Well when it comes to video conferences, … you can also be casual as well, … just not completely casual. … What you wear on video still matters, … at least on your upper half. … So you just have to be conscious … of how much your camera captures … if you're about to do a video call. … If your camera is positioned … so it's just capturing the upper half, … your top half has to absolutely look professional, … meaning a nice blouse and blazer for women, … or a dress shirt, suit jacket for men. … The casual part comes in the bottom half. … But again, only if the camera doesn't capture it. … If you love the idea of business on top … and fun on the bottom, that's great. … So right now I want to go over some styling tips … because there are certain patterns …
- Recall the characteristics of an effective PowerPoint used during a video conference call.
- Explain why you might look at the screen, rather than the camera lens, during a video conference call.
- Recognize the best strategy for positioning a laptop and its camera for the most flattering and engaging look.
- Tell why a salesperson might use a pull-down backdrop screen during video conferencing.
- Summarize the leadership skill used to make sure all attendees are on the same page after a video conference.