Teams today are structured largely on instant and wide-reaching communication. In this video, learn how to observe your team in a new light and help keep them on track.
- Today, more people work on virtual and global teams … so I want us to take a closer look. … Many teams now comprise members from around the world. … In fact, one global study found that 89% of respondents … work on at least one virtual global team, … and 27% work on at least four such teams. … Moreover, 62% say that they work on teams … with three or more cultures. … While all of this diversity and connection can be positive, … it can also make co-working difficult … as people navigate time and geography … as well as cultural and linguistic differences … in order to communicate and collaborate. … One study found that 84% of people reported … that virtual communication is more difficult … than in-person communication, yet only 22% receive training … to make their team participation more effective. … For many organizations, … it's a common practice to build global teams. … I've worked regularly with people I have not met in person. … While I live in the United States, … we would rotate meetings from early mornings …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- How teams are structured today
- Teamwork types
- Promoting psychological safety
- Inclusion matters
- Creating success with local, virtual, and global teams
- Strategies for team leaders