Using slides or other visuals can really enhance the quality of the video experience. Letting others see what your ideas are or what you're presenting about in a visual way can reinforce the positive meeting experience.
- If you think back to some of the best meetings … or presentations you've heard of or have seen, … what about them makes them great? … Oftentimes it's because there is a surprise element to it. … Either they offered an insight … you didn't know about … or the visuals were unexpectedly interesting. … In a video meeting you have an opportunity … to leave an impression on those who are watching. … And because you're on video, … it's an opportunity to use visuals to their fullest. … If you think about it, chances are … this is the only way many of those around the world … will see you because everyone is remote. … So treat this video conference … as if it's just as important as an in-person meeting. … So, if you're leading a video meeting, … a great way to develop executive presence … is to think of creative ways … to showcase your points and enhance your takeaways. … We spoke about PowerPoint presentations earlier, … and they are a great way to to get points across … in a visual medium. …
- Recall the characteristics of an effective PowerPoint used during a video conference call.
- Explain why you might look at the screen, rather than the camera lens, during a video conference call.
- Recognize the best strategy for positioning a laptop and its camera for the most flattering and engaging look.
- Tell why a salesperson might use a pull-down backdrop screen during video conferencing.
- Summarize the leadership skill used to make sure all attendees are on the same page after a video conference.