In this video, Phi Gold advocates for using tools to provide visual management of teamwork. Learn why establishing some sort of shared visual using a project board tool shares what people are working on and helps to prevent duplication of effort.
- One more thing that I'm going to suggest for remote teams. … I think it's very beneficial to have some sort … of shared virtual whiteboard, … or other project tracking tool, and to use it regularly. … If you're familiar with Lean or Agile methodologies, … you're probably also familiar with the idea … of using a Kanban board. … For those of you not familiar, … I'll give you the official definition. … Kanban boards visually depict work at various stages … of a process using cards to represent work items … and columns to represent each stage of the process. … Cards are moved from left to right to show progress … and to help coordinate teams performing the work. … Now, I think Kanbans are pretty useful in general … since they give a great visual representation … of the work being done. … In a remote team, they're even more useful … since team members may not have clear understanding … of what other team members are doing. … Even with regular meetings, … it's good to have a visible display. …
Note: This course was featured in Market Watch, Inc., Fortune, Forbes, and Entrepreneur.
- Providing consistency and structure in a remote team
- Managing mixed remote and onsite teams
- Fostering equality and transparency
- Creating opportunities for in-person interactions
- Maintaining regular contact with remote team members
- Managing workloads and deliverables