Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Using subscription services for movies and TV shows, part of Up and Running with Apple TV.
- If you want an alternative…to buying movies or TV shows in the iTunes store,…you may want to use an online streaming service.…You've probably heard of many of these:…Netflix, Hulu, HBO Now, Showtime.…Those are just a few popular services.…There are lots of others,…and I just want to point out that I'm only talking about…streaming video services available in the U.S.…Some of these services are available internationally,…but you may need to use completely different services…in other countries.…But still, the setup procedures that we'll see…in this movie should still apply.…
Also, for now, I'm just going to focus…on streaming services for movies and TV shows, not music.…At the time of this recording,…the only major music streaming service…available on the Apple TV is Apple Music,…which I'll talk about in a separate movie.…That may change in the future.…Music services like Pandora or Spotify…may become available on Apple TV later,…and if they do,…I expect that they'll work pretty similarly…to the video services that we're about to try now.…
- Setting up an Apple ID or iCloud account on an Apple TV
- Setting up Home Sharing
- Using the remote and searching with Siri
- Buying and downloading apps, movies, and music
- Managing storage space on an Apple TV
- Setting up parental controls
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/14/2016. What changed?
A: we updated four tutorials to cover changes to bluetooth keyboards and devices, Siri, photo viewing, and new interface features in the Apple TV OS (v9.2). Nick also recorded one new video, "Using voice dictation to input text," which shows how to use Siri remote to make it easier to type and search.