Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the remote and searching with Siri, part of Up and Running with Apple TV.
- The SIRI Remote which comes…with the fourth generation Apple TV…has a surprising amount of functionality.…Some of the things that we'll talk about in this movie…will only work with the SIRI Remote…and the fourth generation Apple TV.…But some of these controls will also work…on the third generation Apple TV as well.…Now we've already talked about navigating…through menus and selecting items.…We know that you can swipe left, right, up or down…on the touchpad to move around a menu.…But you may not know that you can also move…one individual space left, right, up or down…just by tapping on one of the edges of the touchpad.…
So if I tap on the far right edge it takes me…one space to the right.…If I tap on the far left edge it takes me…one space to the left.…Now I'm not clicking here,…just a gentle tap on the edge of the touchpad…will get you where you need to go.…So from here, of course, I can choose an item…on a menu or the home screen…and if I click down on the touchpad…it will select that item…and, in this case, I've opened up the settings app.…
- Setting up an Apple ID or iCloud account on an Apple TV
- Setting up Home Sharing
- Using the remote and searching with Siri
- Buying and downloading apps, movies, and music
- Managing storage space on an Apple TV
- Setting up parental controls
Skill Level Beginner
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Set Up
2. Getting and Enjoying Content
3. Customizing and Working with Apps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.