Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the remote and searching with Siri, part of Learning Apple TV.
- The SIRI Remote which comes…with the fourth generation Apple TV…has a surprising amount of functionality.…Some of the things that we'll talk about in this movie…will only work with the SIRI Remote…and the fourth generation Apple TV.…But some of these controls will also work…on the third generation Apple TV as well.…Now we've already talked about navigating…through menus and selecting items.…We know that you can swipe left, right, up or down…on the touchpad to move around a menu.…But you may not know that you can also move…one individual space left, right, up or down…just by tapping on one of the edges of the touchpad.…
So if I tap on the far right edge it takes me…one space to the right.…If I tap on the far left edge it takes me…one space to the left.…Now I'm not clicking here,…just a gentle tap on the edge of the touchpad…will get you where you need to go.…So from here, of course, I can choose an item…on a menu or the home screen…and if I click down on the touchpad…it will select that item…and, in this case, I've opened up the settings app.…
- Setting up an Apple ID or iCloud account on an Apple TV
- Setting up Home Sharing
- Using the remote and searching with Siri
- Buying and downloading apps, movies, and music
- Managing storage space on an Apple TV
- Setting up parental controls
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/14/2016. What changed?
A: we updated four tutorials to cover changes to bluetooth keyboards and devices, Siri, photo viewing, and new interface features in the Apple TV OS (v9.2). Nick also recorded one new video, "Using voice dictation to input text," which shows how to use Siri remote to make it easier to type and search.