In this video, explore how organizations use analytics to make strategic decisions.
- Whether it's Little Red Riding Hood…or The Lord of the Rings,…most people enjoy a good story.…This is why storytelling is such an effective tool…for condensing large amounts of data…into something actionable,…and today's organizations are flooded with data everywhere.…In the HR space,…some of the data we collect include turnover,…time to fill open positions,…number of grievances, number of harassment complaints,…total compensation, and much more.…
Business leaders are putting increasing pressure on HR…to leverage this data to make business cases…for why a company should or should not…be doing something people-related.…For example, increasing training budgets…or changing where jobs are being advertised.…These are all examples of ways…to use predictive analytics.…This means using data gathered from the company…to create models…or analyze statistics to make predictions…about unknown future events.…
Using predictive analytics in this manner…also helps HR pros better position ourselves…as strategic business partners,…
- Determine which of the three organizational structures are most often used with different types of project.
- Explain how HR professionals establish trust with employees.
- Define the concept of “managing up.”
- Recognize the key elements of the Uniform Guidelines of Employee Selection Procedures.
- Summarize the four steps of the Kirkpatrick Model.
- Identify the characteristics of an entitlement compensation philosophy.
- Name another term used to describe a benefits needs assessment.
- List two things required for leaders when they provide feedback during a performance review.
Skill Level Advanced
Introduction to the PHR Certification Examwith Joanne Simon-Walters58m 16s Intermediate
1. Exam Topics: Business Management
2. Exam Topics: Talent Planning and Acquisition
3. Exam Topics: Learning and Development
4. Exam Topics: Total Rewards
5. Exam Topics: Employee and Labor Relations
6. Study Plan
Conclusion and Farewell
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.