Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Siri remote to play and control videos, part of Learning Apple TV.
- Once you find a movie or TV show…that you want to watch,…usually you'll just kick back and just watch it,…but there are a lot of controls that you have…with the Siri remote that you can use…while you're playing a video.…So let's play that movie…that I rented earlier in this chapter.…So there's a play button here,…so I could click on that with the touch pad,…or I could hit the play, pause button,…either way, and that will start the movie playing.…So while this movie's playing,…we can look at some of the controls…that we have available.…
First, while the movie is playing…I could just tap on the touch pad…and it brings up this timeline,…so I can get an idea of how far…I've gone through the movie.…It fades away after a few seconds,…but I can always bring it back…by tapping on the touch pad again.…While you're watching the movie,…you can pause it just by hitting the play,…pause button on the remote,…and of course you can start it again…by hitting the play, pause button again.…Another way to pause would be…to just to click on the touch pad,…
- Setting up an Apple ID or iCloud account on an Apple TV
- Setting up Home Sharing
- Using the remote and searching with Siri
- Buying and downloading apps, movies, and music
- Managing storage space on an Apple TV
- Setting up parental controls
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/14/2016. What changed?
A: we updated four tutorials to cover changes to bluetooth keyboards and devices, Siri, photo viewing, and new interface features in the Apple TV OS (v9.2). Nick also recorded one new video, "Using voice dictation to input text," which shows how to use Siri remote to make it easier to type and search.