Join Aaron Quigley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the ELA and Literacy standards, part of Common Core: Exploring K-12 Standards.
When it comes to using the Common Core…State standards in English, Language Arts and Literacy.…It's important to keep in mind this is just a core set of standards.…The Common Core is not design to tell you everything you…should be teaching or even the order in which you should teach.…The real art of teaching is to find…the appropriate resources to pair with the Common Core.…For example if you are trying to teach your students…how to analyze a text, then text selection is very important.…So please take the time to find the proper…materials to make the common core real for our students.…That way they can be college career ready by 12th…grade year and ready to be competitive in a global environment.…
- Introducing the Common Core State Standards
- Reading the standards
- Understanding mathematic practice standards
- Exploring ELA/literacy standards
- Reading and communicating ideas for technical subjects
- Teaching with the Common Core Standards