Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Using AirPlay to stream video and audio from a Mac or iOS device, part of Up and Running with Apple TV.
- The Apple TV has a feature called AirPlay…which will let you stream audio or video…from an IOS device like an iPad or an iPhone.…Or from a computer to the Apple TV.…But just to give you an idea, here on my iPad,…I can play a video.…So, let me go to where I have some videos,…and I'll pull one up.…And I could play this, but what if I wanted…a bunch of other people to see the video play?…That could get kind of awkward.…Or, what if I want to relax and just…watch it on the big screen?…Well, here's what I can do.…I'm going to swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen,…and that opens up the Control Center.…
And I'm looking for this button labeled AirPlay.…So, I'll tap on that, and that's going to…open up a menu, and it'll show me…all of the AirPlay compatible devices…that I have on my network.…Now, of course, my Apple TV is listed here,…but I also see a bunch of other items on this list.…You probably won't see this.…This depends on your network,…and in my case, I have a bunch of airport…express bay stations set up on this network.…
- Setting up an Apple ID or iCloud account on an Apple TV
- Setting up Home Sharing
- Using the remote and searching with Siri
- Buying and downloading apps, movies, and music
- Managing storage space on an Apple TV
- Setting up parental controls
Skill Level Beginner
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Set Up
2. Getting and Enjoying Content
3. Customizing and Working with Apps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.