Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Using AirPlay to stream video and audio from a Mac or iOS device, part of Learning Apple TV.
- The Apple TV has a feature called AirPlay…which will let you stream audio or video…from an IOS device like an iPad or an iPhone.…Or from a computer to the Apple TV.…But just to give you an idea, here on my iPad,…I can play a video.…So, let me go to where I have some videos,…and I'll pull one up.…And I could play this, but what if I wanted…a bunch of other people to see the video play?…That could get kind of awkward.…Or, what if I want to relax and just…watch it on the big screen?…Well, here's what I can do.…I'm going to swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen,…and that opens up the Control Center.…
And I'm looking for this button labeled AirPlay.…So, I'll tap on that, and that's going to…open up a menu, and it'll show me…all of the AirPlay compatible devices…that I have on my network.…Now, of course, my Apple TV is listed here,…but I also see a bunch of other items on this list.…You probably won't see this.…This depends on your network,…and in my case, I have a bunch of airport…express bay stations set up on this network.…
- Setting up an Apple ID or iCloud account on an Apple TV
- Setting up Home Sharing
- Using the remote and searching with Siri
- Buying and downloading apps, movies, and music
- Managing storage space on an Apple TV
- Setting up parental controls
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/14/2016. What changed?
A: we updated four tutorials to cover changes to bluetooth keyboards and devices, Siri, photo viewing, and new interface features in the Apple TV OS (v9.2). Nick also recorded one new video, "Using voice dictation to input text," which shows how to use Siri remote to make it easier to type and search.